Category: Image Sets
I saw a few concerned comments in the last post that the project might be off the rails, so let me assure you it is not. Well, to be more specific, it is not completely off the rails, but the wheels are spinning loose. Is this analogy confusing you? Well read on, and let’s get you straightened out!
I thought I’d share this image with you now, since it’s ready (and I imagine you wanted to see this image much more than the Batutut chief). So I’ll get to releasing a promo render of the Batutut chief later this week, but I am still in catch-up mode so I didn’t want to leave you hanging with no update when I promised something early this week. I had a stick of my RAM fail and cause the dreaded ‘blue screen of death’ several times in a row, and it took awhile to diagnose and find out which stick was bad. So now I’m running a little leaner with only 24 GB of RAM (only?!) instead of 36 GB. But I’m just happy the ordeal is over because I was getting worried I would fall too far behind and have to push the project.
Anyway, this is Clara’s alternate “Sheena-esque” outfit that she will be wearing in Dossier 007: Legacy of the Batutut. I really enjoy this look on her, combined with the alternate makeup, new dirt masks, and alternate hairstyle. Hope you like it, too.
I’ve been working on this set for longer than I care to say, and then today I scrapped the first three renders because I was just not happy with a lot of the stuff. The elephant was too shiny, the foliage’s subsurface scattering was too intense, the lighting was too fake-looking, etc….. I should mention that this is the first set we’re doing since upgrading to the latest version of the Octane plugin and a lot of shit has changed.
Here’s the first of several promotional images I’ll post over the next couple days for Dossier 007: Legacy of the Batutut. I’ll be set building next week as well as finishing off the Batutut, who are the characters that Clara will be facing off against.
I know that I had promised that Xip and I would collect all the poll data and come up with several concepts for a second round of voting to come up with a winner for the next dossier concept, but I came up with a concept almost right away and wanted to see if it would be viable for a dossier. The experiment involved growing fur on a bunch of Planet of the Apes-type simian character meshes. After no less than four attempts at growing believable fur with Poser’s Hair Room, I managed to get something that I actually liked and looked believable. Also, with the help of my buddy Erogenesis, I learned how to export Daz3D’s Genesis meshes to native Poser .cr2 file-types, which