Happy Star Wars Day to you all!
As SDCC steadily approaches (July 8th – July 12) and my income just as steadily wanes, I find myself once again having to add the dreaded “ripcord date” to my project calendar. I was paid out from my other markets for my April sales and things are not looking so great financially. I will find myself in dire straights by the beginning of June, and though my calendar indicates a completion date for Clara Ravens Episode 4: Colombina’s Illusion near and around mid-June, there is absolutely no certainty. The difference between the concrete release dates of image sets and the more elusive dates of comics is that I never know how many pages a comic will be, nor can I estimate just how long setting up an animation will take (could be several hours or several days based on complexity) or render (typically takes days). With image sets, I know in advance how many frames it will be, how long it
We are moving into the very last set of the comic, which is exciting since I am ready for a scenery change, so I thought I’d share one last image before moving into the new set and starting the final push for the remaining renders. I expect things to speed up quite a bit at this point because these are text-heavy scenes, which means that I will be eating up pages of the script with very few renders. Most of it is in flavor text for the scenes, adding that eroticism you’ve come to expect from my works. And boy, is it ever steamy! I’ve written and re-written these last scenes a few times and just reading this shit gives me a boner! It’s fucking hot, trust me.
With the help of tom85121, I was able to figure out what font I used to make the Clara Ravens logo way back in 2010 (FYI, Clara’s five year anniversary is April 29th. But what do you buy for the girl that has everything?) and make a new 3D logo from scratch. The logo was getting tired and old, but I didn’t want to deviate too much from the original. So you’ll notice only the subtlest of changes. The logo above is just an artistic rendering; the text of the logo will appear different on the comic book and dossier covers.
I made the logo for her comic almost five years ago, and while I have the .psd saved in high res, the name part of the logo (attached here in the post with all the extra stuff removed) was rasterized in the .psd because it had been taken into 3ds Max (back before I switched to Maya) in order to “3d-ize” the text.
In between waiting for renders to complete for Clara Ravens Episode 4: Colombina’s Illusion, I’ve been learning Adobe After Effects. I want to do a badass animated logo for Epoch Art, as well as ones for all of my comic titles, for use in teaser trailers and other promotional material. I will be making a teaser trailer for CR4 if/when I can identify the font used to make the logo. I cannot find it in my font library, possibly because I’ve gone through, I don’t know, like 6 or 7 computers since 2010? It’s possible it’s not even on my current hard drive. And, because I “3d-ized” the logo, it has proven difficult to identify using online font recognition software like whatthefont and identifont. I’ve even flattened it, removed the beveling, and forced the perspective back to make the logo flat letters. Yet still, I have been unable to have any software recognize it. I submitted it to the expert font identifiers at whatthefont, but no one there has identified it, either.
So I’m crowd-sourcing this. The first person to identify the font and provide me a link to it so I can verify that it is the correct font (be aware it might even be a commercial font because I’ve bought font packs back in my desktop publishing days) will get a free copy of Clara Ravens Episode 4: Colombina’s Illusion when it is finally available.