So, it is finished! You can download the theme for your PS3 HERE (click on the word “here” if you are using a browser that isn’t showing that it is a link). It is a 2 MB download, compressed in a .rar file, so you will need a compression utility like WinRAR or Winzip to get the .p3t file (which is the theme file) out of the .rar. To install it, follow these steps:
- Extract the folders from the .rar file
- Put the folders onto a USB Flash drive
- DO NOT alter the folder structure, or your PS3 won’t find the theme!
- Plug your USB Flash drive into your PS3
- Go to Settings -> Theme Settings -> Theme and choose “Install”
- Select your USB Flash device
- Your PS3 will locate the Freehope theme on your USB Flash drive if you did not alter the folder structure
- Click on “Epoch Art – ‘Freehope’ Theme
- The Theme will now appear in your list of Themes
- Select the Theme from the list and click “Apply”
This may be the very first time this has ever been done as far as I know.
I am about halfway through making a static Playstation 3 theme, featuring Kendra from my Freehope comic. The icons and background are finished, I just need to create an alternate version for SD, since this size is the HD version, then compile the whole thing and test it out. If it works out well, I will likely create more. And who knows; I might even open it up for requests!
What I really wanted to do was create a dynamic PS3 theme rather than a static one, but it seems that Sony isn’t interested in allowing the average end-user to create dynamic themes. The static ones, on the other hand, they are all about it. They provided me the tutorial, icon sets, and